At Skeye High Photography, every effort is made to conduct flight operations in a safe and lawful manner. This ensures that the public are safe and that the customer (you) is protected and insured. Aerial photography has it’s own special risks and it is important that the people involved are properly trained and that their equipment is properly maintained.
Tips before using a drone company.
- Ensure the aircraft pilot is a qualified CASA UAV controller.
- Ensure the pilot/company are licensed CASA UAV operators or operating under the auspices of such an operator.
- Ask to see their UAV flight insurance certificate of currency.
- Remember, it is against the law for anyone to seek profit or kind (take payment) for aerial footage or stills taken by unlicensed drone pilots/operators. If you engage such a person, you may void your own public liability insurance and you stand to lose the footage you’ve paid for.
Ask if the drone pilot (CASA certified Controller or Operator) is a member of a professional body such as the ACUO “Certified UAV Operators Australia Inc.” being properly licensed is a requirement of membership and we are happy to show you our pilot membership.In addition any licensed controller or operator will be able to show you their official CASA credentials and their certificate of insurance.
- If you are approached or know of persons seeking profit for drone work which is not covered by certification and insurance, please report them to CASA or let us know and we will report them on your behalf.